Saturday, October 08, 2005

Amai Seikatsu - So far damn fucking good


Amai Seikatsu (at least for the 10 eps I've seen so far) is one of the best written doramas I've seen. I decided to give this show a try because of Akashiya Sanma's great performance in One Million Stars and this show just blew away all my expectations.

Sanma plays womaniser who keeps on getting into problems and always tries to lie his way through them. Though his character is a bastard, he is very entertaining ala Masakazu Tamura in Oyaji.

Its the women who steal the show though, especially Uchida Yuki. I'm not a fan of Uchida Yuki, especially after watching Big Wing and Cat's Eye. She was good in Akimahende but her role in Amai Seikatsu was definitely made for her.

Akashiya Sanma as the lying, cheating husband who calls his dick Fernandez! lol.

Takashima Reiko as the wife. Jdorama fans might now her as the cook in Engine.

Uchida Yuki as a nurse with a hidden past. Drool.............

Good question, lol.

Can you tell I'm obsessed with Uchida Yuki?

Hhmmm, Uchida Yuji in nurse uniform with Sanma's ex lover, Kyoko (no idea wut the actress' name is)

Anyone know the name of this actress?

I wonder which is worse, the wrath of one's ex-wife or ex-lover. Hope I'll never find out, hehe.

Another actress whose name I don't know.

Sanma getting 'seduced', lol.

The best thing about this dorama is the pacing. From the beginning it never lets up and there's always stuff happening in each episode. I've been wanting to blog about it since ep 1 came out but was afraid that the writing could not keep up. With 2 episodes left, I'm eagerly anticipating the end.

The only thing I fear is the Hikon Kazoku (Unmarried Family) ending. Hikon Kazoku is similar except not as funny and the bloody stupid ending ruined it. Oh yeah, forgot to mention the humour in this comedy. Most of it comes from Sanma and the situations he gets into and being a comedian he's laugh out funny.

If you're looking for a good dorama to watch, I highly recommend Amai Seikatsu. You'll be hooked from the first ep. Its a crime that only a couple hundred of ppl are downloading this. :(

And a big arigatou gozaimasu to ap for sharing golden oldies like Amai Seikatsu with us.

No comments: