Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hatachi no Koibito ep 1

Yes, they first meet when Sanma decides to flash the cleaning girl.....

My most anticipated show this season. I hope this show will turn out to be what Jodan ja nai! did not become a good older guy, younger girl show. The younger man, older woman show is one of the most used and weakest genres in jdorama. Out of so many shows I've watched the only one that did it well was the classic Long Vacation and Suekko Chounan Ane Sannin. Everything pales in comparison because of lack of chemistry and scripts usually pays way too much attention to the older woman.

No. 1 reason why I will finish this show...

I was really stoked to have Sanma and Nagasawa Masami in the same show. Then the realisation hit me in the first episode. The 30 year age gap is one freaking huge hurdle. Pairing her with a 40 year old would be hard enough but someone who is nearly old enough to be a grandfather? It almost feels dirty. Casting someone 25 would really help a lot, eg Takeuchi Yuko or Hirosue Ryoko. Its less for the age gap and more for the fact Nagasawa Masami just feels too freaking young.

We need a camera angle from the side! Goddamn furniture. Someone get a JAV cameraman!

Still I really want to see whether they can pull it off. There's an explanation to help Sanma and Masami get together. Long time ago, Sanma was in love but Masami's mum, played by the ageless Koizumi Kyoko who of course looks like her daughter. Then there's the mistaken identity part of Masami thinking that Sanma is this great author.

Hhhmm, her booty is better than her mom's...

The first episode is slow, which is not a bad thing. We're introduced to the main characters, shown what makes them tick and how they meet. Even then, nothing much happens which is smart. The audience has to want Masami to be Sanma's koibito. All these tell me that the writer has a plan. Its gonna be a slow burn but I would love to see them pull it off.

I've got too many ideas for a caption for this pic and all of them are dirty...

Plus, there's always Sanma for the humour. However, I must say his monologue in the first episode was kinda testing my patience. Right now as I'm writing this, I'm thinking of various storylines which will make it easier to justify the Sanma - Masami pairing. Eg, make Masami the damsel in distress/delinquent youth etc. and Sanma the good samaritan who keeps helping her out.

Ahhhh, Koizumi Kyoko. Makes me feel like digging out my copy of Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai...

Right now, its Sanma your happily married OL and Masami who's just entered the workforce. There needs to be something to be the basis of their relationship and the fact Masami is the daughter of Sanma's former gf just seems a tad incestuous. Ok, it worked in Aoi Tori but that show was a completely different animal. Dark and tragic shows have different rules from comedies. And if I were Sanma's character, I'd rather go for Koizumi Kyoko. On second thought ... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The audience has to want Masami to be Sanma's koibito"

Not me. That would be disgursbing...

"the fact Masami is the daughter of Sanma's former gf just seems a tad incestuous. Ok, it worked in Aoi Tori"

Iono man, that was pretty disgusting. Of course, it still pales in comparison to the real incest in Kou Kou Kyoushi 1993... Now that was sick.

Anyway, keep you expectation very very low... rating for this show is tanking, and for good reasons. But, Masami is nice to watch, and it has good amount of scenes where she shows off her long legs.

Sad to say, I even downloaded 1280x720 1400MB version of one episode so I can enjoy the scenes in highest quality possible.

*suddenly feels depressed*

Akiramike said...

The incest in Koukou Kyoushi 93 was more shocking than sick. What better way to justify the teacher student relationship than saving her from her demented father?

I would like to see this show make the relationship work just cause its a bloody hard thing to achieve.