Friday, October 15, 2010

Winter 2010 jdoramas

Its time for a look at the new shows and what I'm excited for.

IRYU 3



My most anticipated and also the dorama that I'm more apprehensive about. The second season was even better than the first one and yet there's this feeling that they've pushed the envelope as far as they could. It was basically a repeat of the first season with cooler characters and more outrageous surgeries. The key here would be to have members of the team contribute in a meaningful way and not to let the side stories get too over sentimental. The awesome music will take care of the rest. Unfortunately, not subbing group has booked the third season yet. I'm concerned that Asada looks like he's trying to do the hadouken instead of surgery in the trailer below.



NAGAREBOSHI

Aquarium employee meets suicidal prostitute in a contract marriage? Sounds awesome except Ueto Aya is in it so I don't think its gonna be dark and I suspect its more of a contact marriage story rather than dysfunctional people. Will definitely try out since Kitano Kii is in it.

GUILTY AKUMA TO KEIYAKUSHITA ONNA



Kanno Miho in a revenge dorama with Tamaki Hiroshi, Kichise Michiko and Karasawa Toshiaki? I'm hoping something similar to Sympathy for Lady Vengeance but there's no way Fuji TV would do something so dark and beautiful.

JUUI DOLITTLE


Who in their right mind would want to watch a dorama with a poster like that? Not to mention its based on Dr Dolittle!!??? Oguri Shun's attempt to look older with curly hair is as laughable as Ueto Aya's. I hope no wastes their time subbing it.

MARKS NO YAMA



A WOWOW murder mystery? Never seen the movie before but I'd rather take my chances with WOWOW than mainstream idoru crap. No subber so far most likely will have to put up with HK English.

HIMITSU



Based on one of my favourite Japanese movies ever. Sasaki Kuranosuke and Shida Mirai have no hope of matching Kobayashi Kaoru and Hirosue Ryoko. If you've never seen the movie, be sure to hunt it down! Hhm, I wonder if they'll do that pantsu pulling scene from the movie?

Q10



Maede Atsuko of AKB48 as a robot who is found in the garbage? Sounds like the dorama version of Chobits? I wonder where the plug in point for recharging her would be located?

KEIZOKU 2: SPEC



I remember the first series with Nakatani Miki and Watabe Atsuro as being pretty decent. Will Todo Erika and Kase Ryo have good chemistry as a smart but socially awkward woman and former star cop? And its got Fukuda Saki!!!! Why isn't this being subbed??!!!

FREETER, IE WO KAU



Nino and Karina in a dorama in which Nino plays a freeter who says he want to buy a house? I say he needs to be checked into a mental hospital. Nino's one of the few Johnnys who can act and there are only 4 confirmed English subbed shows so I'll definitely check this out but the idea behind this show sounds lame and the bright and cheerful poster doesn't help.

6 comments:

underdog said...

hi hamsapsukebe, i can't be believe there's someone out there who also thinks the same of aya ueto as me. any drama she stars in, i give up after the first episode. am also not expecting much from Nagareboshi. on the other hand, i think you might like SPEC. i just watched the first episode and it was awesome. this drama seems like a comedy on one hand but has a dark vein running through, thus not making it as shallow as comedies seem. and ryo kase is brilliant in his first drama role. have fun!

Anonymous said...

"Based on one of my favourite Japanese movies ever. Sasaki Kuranosuke and Shida Mirai have no hope of matching Kobayashi Kaoru and Hirosue Ryoko. If you've never seen the movie, be sure to hunt it down! Hhm, I wonder if they'll do that pantsu pulling scene from the movie?"

Are you implying here that Hirosue Ryoko is something near to an actress?

or a woman?

:-D

jadefrost said...

Dramatics and exaggerated strutting aside, Ep 1 of Iryu 3 was quite interesting after they moved away from the tedium of relocating the key members of Team Dragon. I'm not excited about the return of Noguchi. I don't think they need the return of a long-time nemesis to propel the story along.

My most anticipated drama of the season would definitely be WOWOW's Marks no Yama. They may not hit the right note for every production, but you can keep faith in the quality of the drama ... although there's the upcoming anomaly of Genya with Fukuda Kyoko of all people.

Jung said...

You forgot to cover Second Virgin with Fukada Kyoko...

Akiramike said...

Panda-zedo, what do you mean Hirosue Ryoko's not a woman???!!!! Go watch her in Himitsu and Motokare if you haven't.

Jung, I would watch it for Suzuki Kyoka but the thought of the torture from Fukada Kyoko's acting scares me.

Anonymous said...

marks no yummy. but subbers will sub it when the show is finally over. that's what chuks and mrX said.

i'll try to check the karina and also miho kanno for eye candy. i dont know if my immigration to australia will give me time to see these dramas. it's been a month with no net is killing me.