Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kazoku no uta eps 1-2


Kazoku no Uta is a mess of a dorama. Odagiri Joe plays a washed uprock musician Hayakawa Seigi who is pampered by his manager and has no redeemable qualities. Despite not making any money for his agency for many years, he has been able to live in a big house. Like a lot of stars, he had his groupies in his prime and one day fruits of heyday appear to haunt him.


WHAT I LIKED

- nothing.


WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

- Odagiri Joe as overacting rocker is not a good idea. They needed someone who could make Seigi interesting and Odagiri is not the larger than life guy to do it.

- Not one, not two but three kids. WTF. Add in an old man. Why am I suppose to care about these many characters? If this were about an aging alcoholic rocker and just one kid with a more serious tone, I would buy into that. However, it would not be called kazoku no uta since it wants to be a huge pseudo-family with 3 kids, old dude and a bunch of supporting characters.

- I like light hearted big family shows with lots of fighting and redemption like Hitotsu Yane no Shita and Oyaji but Kazoku no Uta tries to hard to set it up that it feels forced.

- What a waste of good supporting actors in Santamaria Yusuke, Shihori Kanjiya and Otsuka Nene.

SUMMARY

- This is suppose to be a light hearted, big family dorama about redemption but I just feel like its all over the place. Avoid.

5 comments:

lzyData said...

They are ending this drama prematurely at episode 8 after ratings crashed. Sure, ratings are not everything, but apparently the drama really does suck.

Sonna~ said...

When I wrote that I liked it, I was half way through the episode, but towards the end I found out I really didn't like it at all. I thought it was too much about children. :/

Someone else said OJoe should stick with being the random person on midnight dramas instead of a main character. I'm rather inclined to agree after my previous error in judgment!

Kiriyama said...

I wasn't even able to make it through the first episode of this show - it's so awful. That said, if anyone wants to see Odagiri Joe play a single dad rock musician in something that's actually good, I highly recommend the movie Kiseki (奇跡). I loved it.

xaxa said...

I completely disagree on this one. One of the best dramas of 2012 and Odagiri Joe is always great.

The complains doesn't make much sense.

Akiramike said...

xaxa, did you find Kazoku no uta good from the get go or does it take a turn for the better?