Monday, August 20, 2012

Tokkan ep 4


Tokkan is a show where I know what I like and what I dislike about it. There are moments of this is very interesting and moments of pure mediocrity.


WHAT I LIKED:

- No stupid arbitrary workplace abuse. Sure Inoue Mao gets shouted at and stuff but that's more towards her inexperience and jealousy from her uni-mate played by Kinami Haruka. The revelation that Unoue Mao's boss caused her to be set up was funny.

- The whole department is not incompetent. (Shocking, I know) Sick of doramas where no one does their work and the protagonist has to teach them one by one.

- The four episodes was actually one big story which had some nice twists and turns.


WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

- Still way too preachy and too many moral debates. Tax has nothing to do with morality! They are trying to put Inoue Mao's moral struggles at the forefront of her story but it should always be about tax.


SUMMARY

- I'm not expecting it to be as good as Chase but finger crossed the writing  for ep 5 onwards concentrates more on tax investigating than Inoue Mao's emotions. Watchable.

1 comment:

lzyData said...

"Life is paying taxes!" Favourite quote by the Tokkan.