Friday, September 20, 2013

Meoto Zenzai ep 1


I was really looking forward to this. No one is subbing so furransu has only uploaded the first episode. Avallac'h has just uploaded the first episode as well but its 5 freaking gigs! Hopefully its a typo and its actually 500 megs. Anyway, Meoto Zenzai is a story in the 'useless guy and good woman who can't break up with him' dark comedy genre.


Its a difficult type of story to make cause while the guy has to be unlikeable the story and their disfunctional relationship has to be entertaining enough that we don't get bored thinking he's an idiot, she's an even bigger idiot for sticking with him and why do I even care? Meoto Zenzai seems to be on the lighter side of the dark comedy scale though with this type of story, there is no escaping  the darkness.


There are two shows that immediately come to mind in this genre. First is Yume uru Futari which I saw last year. Decent movie with great performances marred by clumsy writing. (Sakamoto Yuji would have turned it into a must watch movie if he could rewrite the script). I still recommend it for and I believe its out with English subs on the internet. The second is Enko no Joou which really tried hard but lacked a certain something. I could see what they were trying to do but its such a hard genre to pull off.


Couldn't understand the jokes and since its set in the old days, quite a bit of difficult dialogue though following the story is not hard. Directing is good and Meoto Zenzai cannot fail in the acting department. The question is whether they can keep the characters and their relationship interesting. This a dorama I can't really judge until its finished.


SAKURABA NANAMI IN RYU GA GOTOKU ISHIN!


TGS is here and I'm so excited with the RGG press conference footage. Sakuraba Nanami is playing, Oryou Sakamoto Ryoma's wife. The first thing that comes to mind is won't Kiryuu, I mean Ryoma look like a pedo when they have lovey dovey scenes with her? Lol. Especially when I think of Kiryuu in RGG5 who looks like he's 50 and Sega's not going back to the RGG1+2 20+ year old look. She's like the youngest love interest he's ever had, not including the hostesses.


Its funny reading comments at jin115.com. No one knows who Sakuraba Nanami is. So bloody excited for the game. Makes me want to replay Kenzan. The PS4 version can't be that much better than the PS3 version, can it? None of the other next gen games excite me. Sony better announce The Last Guardian this weekend.......


5 comments:

Tavares said...

Avallac'h didn't uploaded only the 1st ep, but the entire drama, that's why it's 5Gb...

Anonymous said...

Rootabega sez "arrggh", my cheapo computer ate my comment.
I'm watching Meoto Zenzai, too, and I think it's great-looking, and sounding, dorama. I found reading the Wiki entry on Kansai-ben was really helpful as the script is in full-on period Kansai-ben, not just a sprinkle here or there for "flavour". I know it's an oft-repeated story, but so far I'm buying in. I'm partial to the Taisho era, anyways, and I'm totally enjoying the fashion (straw boaters and yukata, East meets West).

Akiramike said...

Lol. I must have been blind. Thanks Tavares.

Hannelore said...

I have been looking fot this drama. Were can I see it.

Akiramike said...

@Hannelore: You can get it from avistaz.