Friday, May 30, 2014

Japan 2014 days 18-20 : Back in Tokyo


I was thinking of going to Odaiba just for Tanaka Shoten and hesitating over how the cost of travel will push the price to 2000円 when I decided to check the website.


Lo and behold there's a Tanaka Soba in Akiba. Ordered charsiu soba omori which cost like 1100円. Old lady didn't ask any questions and then I saw the koteri sign aka thick soup after I sat down.

I had no idea about soba and asked whether I could choose how hard it was and elected for barikata. Unfortunately soba is not ramen and tasted just meh. Wtf not open a ramen branch ffs.


Went to Asagaya anime street and there's nothing much there. I like Asagaya though. Feels like a showa town. Should have taken pictures of the town.

There are only like 10 shops and there's not much to buy. Asagaya is only 3 stops away from Nakano so they better give people more reasons to go there.


Softmap in Akiba. I am seriously running out of space to put my figures.



Went to Ogikubo which is on the chuo line just past Asagaya...

to try Haruyaki which is under renovation until tomorrow. I believe it was one of the ramen shops used in Tanpopo.

Random crappy hakata ramen at ikebukuro. Don't feel like trying new shops.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you're in Shinjuku, you should give this place a try. Get the tonkotsu/ebi broth ramen!

http://www.ebisoba.com/shop-shinjuku.htm

Akiramike said...

Thanks will check it out!