Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Which Fall 2014 jdoramas should be subbed?

JDORAMAS THAT SHOULD BE SUBBED


SHINYA SHOKUDO SEASON 3

The scarred master is back! I love the first two seasons. I wish Kodoku no Gurume were more like this instead of a food show. Hopefully they can keep it up for one more time. Do not watch on empty stomach!


NOBUNAGA CONCERTO

I was on the fence about this one but I can't bet against Oguri Shun after the incredible Border and its from the writer of Maou which I think I liked. Its pretty hard to stuff up time slip stories so if it sucks, its the writer's fault.

GOMEN NE SEISHUN!


WTF is this show featuring a 'multi award winning' johnny who can't act doing in my must sub section? Its not just because Mitsushima Hikari is in it, Kudo Kankuro is writing it. Plus I want to see a Mitsushima Hikari show where she's not crying all the time. Looking at that poster just pisses me off but I believe in Kudo Kankuro.


JDORAMAS THAT MIGHT BE NOT BAD


TAMAGAWA KUYAKUSHO OF THE DEAD

This looks so cheap and bad it might be good.





SAYONARA WATASHI

When the synopsis says 'This drama draw the true friendship and real intentions of women in their 40s' I think of 'realistic' doramas like Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu...... but Okada Yoshikazu (Watashi to Iu Unmei ni Tsuite) is writing this and I like the cast.


SUTEKI NA SEN TAXI

Could be funny and interesting or it could be lame and oversentimental.


JDORAMAS THAT SHOULD NOT BE SUBBED


SAKURA

There's a 99% chance this is yet another boring, generic, kid friendly investigation show.


SUBETAGA F NI NARU

The power of Oscar Agency to push whatever 'talent' they like who can't act is scary.


ONNA WA SORE WO YURUSANAI

If I had a gun with one bullet and Gouriki, Takei Emi and Fukada Kyoko in front of me.....



FIRST CLASS SEASON 2

Wtf? There is a season 2? For the love of all that is holy, no one sub this show that prefers to tell the audience in boring detail what the characters are thinking instead of showing.



JIGOKU SENSEI NU~BE~

OMG, I used to read this manga and by read I mean look for the panty shots. Its probably gonna suck since its not a midnight dorama.

14 comments:

Cyberwave said...

Just watched 1st Episode of Gomenne Seishun, Mitsushima's part occupied less than 10 minutes,WTF. At least she didn't cry on every shot this time. The story is quite interesting and the acting of those talents are funny though.

Take my extra 2 bullets or I could help place the heads of those 3 girls in a row. :)

lzyData said...

Ok so Haru is also in Gomenne Seishun. As Mitsushima's elder sister. In the past. Although Haru is much younger than Mitsushima. The wonders of showbiz.

And Nishikido Ryo is totally playing himself, even more than normal.

Radira said...

still can't believe there's season 2 for first class =.=

yeah.. wanna try to watch gomenne seishun

Bobo said...

I love Kyoko Fukada but I genuinely lol'd at your comment XD

Yuzu said...

So excited about Shinya Shokudo. I hope they stick to a tiny bit of plot like they did in season 2 (the Odagiri Joe - Master plotline). That was my one and only complaint with season 1, that it took a throwaway line at the end of the season to mention Master's scar.

dgundam said...

hey watching fukuda kyoko is a guilty pleasure of mine.
and i cant beliebe takei emi has another show. its crazy, shes been in a drama every single damn season. i wonder if her acting fee is pretty cheap hence why tv stations keep on hiring her.

well first class was an popular and enjoyable show for women so of course theyd make a season 2.

VampireXxX said...

LOL'D at your comments...i indeed want to watch Hikari where she doesn't cry X_X

Don't know what's wrong with Takei Emi...play doramas every season is like...huh WTF? =.="

I hope nobunaga concerto will be good...my most anticipate doramas this season along with dear sister

jengkentillll said...

Too bad quirky off-beat slice of life shows like Suika are not your cup of coffee. Keep an eye on Yuube no Curry (which is written by the screenwriters who handled Suika), I've got a feeling this one could be surprise of the season.

jengkentillll said...

Watched Tamagawa last night (without subs unfortunately), it has indie and drama24-esque vibes in it. It isn't all that cheap and pretty funny. LOLed at the slowpoke zombies.

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad Shinya Shokudo has another season! I love the first two. Actually, I just watched it on a whim because of your positive review of the drama ^^ So thank you for that.

Akiramike said...

Cyberwave: Less than 10 minutes? Ugh.

IzyData: Haru is one of those actresses I have no idea why she's getting pushed so much.

dgundam: Oscar agency will keep pushing Takei Emi so far the public's through that they can't spit her out.

jengkentillll: Hhmm, Hoshino Gen is in Yuube no Curry. Slice of life stuff is usually at the bottom of my priorities and funny or shows with great acting stuff are at the top. Tamagawa might be the first one I'll check out since I have zero expectations for it.

Anon: Glad you enjoyed Shinya Shokudo.

Sonna~ said...

Also excited about Shinya Shokudo.

Watched about 10 minutes of Dear Sister and gave up.

I am Fukada Kyoko's fan 5ever but I'm not sure I'll be watching that drama.

I probably will watch Ayase Haruka's and Doctor X just because.

xaxa said...

"Wtf? There is a season 2? "

my thoughts exactly

Unknown said...

I thought First Class was great. Still miserably wait for Eng sub thou.