Thursday, December 04, 2014

Japan 2014 trip 2 loot aka I got a Wii U just for Bayonetta 2

EDIT 4/12/14: How could I have forgotten about the shirt I looked everywhere for? I started at Jump Shop in Tokyo, Suidobashi, wanted to go to the one in Sakae but the lockers at Nagoya station were all full and I didn't want to lug a big bag all the way for nothing.

I went to Kyoyo and found out the Jump Shop there closed a year ago. When I cam back to Tokyo, I was shocked to see two XL Hanamichi shirts at the Jump Shop at Tokyo Station. Its a bit more expensive but the quality is very good.

The other Hanamichi shirt I got at Suidobashi. 10 is Hanamichi's jersey number and 31 = Michi.

At the back it says tensai basketballman. Wish I would have been able to acquire the Nike shoes though.


There were two things I had a hard time deciding whether to buy; a New 3DS LL and a Wii U. I was pretty sure I was going to get a N3DSLL despite already having a 3DS and a 3DS LL cause it has a faster processor, two extra buttons, extra half hour battery, better 3D and a nub that functions as a right analog.

After trying it out, I don't like the nub and I feel like Nintendo is shafting the consumer by releasing incremental updates on their hardware. I'm never going to touch my 3DS again and I can't sell it in Japan cause you need a residency card to do so.

The one I struggled with was the Wii U. I effing love Bayonetta. Its the Ikaruga of action games. Despite universal praise, Bayonetta didn't sell well and Sega didn't want to foot the bill for a sequel. Enter Nintendo who finances the sequel but it didn't sell that well in Japan cause most people who have a Wii U are kids. WTF didn't Sony offer to finance the sequel?

My problem wasn't the cost. I wanted to support Platinum games and hopefully Nintendo will finance Bayonetta 3. The problem was, I might never buy any other Wii U game after this cause it has nothing in the horizon that I want. Same with my 3DS. Its all 3rd party games, not Nintendo first party games. After I'm done with my 3 games and Wonderful 101, it's probably going to become a huge paper weight.


My mind was going back and forth during the whole trip. Last day I went to Yodobashi and tried the Bayonetta 2 demo and had a grin on face during the 5 minutes of playing. I had to get it. Screw the consequences! Unfortunately, this didn't leave me much time and I should have gotten some old Wii games. Fire Emblem on Wii is still selling for a lot of money online.

Time will tell whether I am going to regret this purchase. I've nearly finished replaying Bayonetta 1 but the stupid gamepad only last like 4 freaking hours. Grrrrr. After I finish the two Bayonettas, I'm looking forward to playing Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko. Its a horror game that uses the gamepad as a camera and apparently you can choose DOA boob bounciness or regular bounciness. Hhhhmm. Decisions.

Found this Ishin poster at Trio(?) in Akihabara. The same building as the good smile cafe. I'd rather have a Ryu ga Gotoku 5 poster though. This is the only game in the series that disappointed me but its better than nothing. They were also selling a Michishige Sayumi life size cloth scroll for about 8000 yen that I should have bought.

Wut. I've got a Sega Saturn shirt and now a Dreamcast shirt!


Uehara Ai calender. I was going to buy a sign Tsubomi calender but I looked up some pictures online and Tsubomi's calender doesn't look so good.


The only other game I bought besides the 2 Wii U games was Fightin Climax. I hate supporting Dengenki Bunko cause the stories suck yet are so popular as anime. However, as a Sega fan, this game has Akira and Slveria Bles.

Vita and 3DS card holders.

Mano Erina calender! Waited til last day to go to the Hello Project! shop and was told they don't carry her calender. I bought her 2014 calender last year from the HP! shop last year after she graduated. There were still carrying her old photobooks though.

Dreamcast hoodie. Now I just need a Megadrive t-shirt. Didn't do much shopping cause I left it until to late and I had a lot of late nights so I spent a lot of my afternoons sleeping. Right now, I realise that there are so many things I should have bought but during the trip I was more concerned with having fun and finding a replacement for Ogi.

Not really loot but Ruroushin Kenshin X Shiga pamphlet......

showing the places in around Biwako the movie was shot in.

No comments: