Wednesday, January 07, 2015

SHINYA SHOKUDOU S3 & TEN NO HAKOBUNE

SHINYA SHOKUDOU SEASON 3


I've got no complaints about season 3 but nothing really stood out for me unlike the first two seasons. I wish there were more guest appearances from previous characters or more of an interconnectedness throughout the season and everyone showing up at the end was pointless. Its still a fun show though and my type of relaxing dorama.


Can't wait for the movie which comes out in Japan end of this month. I wonder how it will flow as a movie as opposed to 20 minute episodes. Watchable just not up to standards of the previous two seasons. Maybe I just miss the ochazuke sisters being in every episode gossiping.


TEN NO HAKOBUNE EPS 4+5


I really enjoyed the first three episodes because it was different from your usual WOWOW corruption stories. However, I did not enjoy the karmic trying to pull a twist ending. I just feel that there is a lot more corruption to explore and couldn't understand Mizuno Miki's character taking on so much guilt. These sort of things happen in countries where corruption is rampant. Nothing gets done without greasing palms and corners are cut because people want bigger shares. Cracks opening and structures collapsing are an everyday occurrence.


Which is not to say that Japan does not have a hand in this and Mizuno Miki's character is not partially responsible but its s small incident in a much larger problem of a culture of corruption that should have been explored further. Good try by WOWOW anyway. I can see why the last two episodes were they way they were. They wanted a more personal story with a bit of suspense. Watchable.

 ZAININ NO USO EP 1


I need Japanese subs. Too many legal terms. 

4 comments:

Sonna~ said...

I thought the same about Shinya Shokudo. It was a bit safe and boring. Still relaxing and fun. Felt a bit weird without Odagiri Joe. Hope the movie is good.

Unknown said...

Did you end up watching the Shinya Shokudo movie at some point this year? What were your thoughts?

Jerico Tan said...

hey can i ask something? what is Yuki Furukawa's role in TEN NO HAKOBUNE? I hope you please do reply. thnnx!

Akiramike said...

@Jerico - Furukawa Yuki? Sorry, can't remember. Is he even in the show?