Sunday, March 01, 2015

10 reasons why Date is a must watch jdorama (at least up til episode 6)


1) Its a cross between Welcome to NHK and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko especially in terms of sensibilities.


2) Kosawa Ryota is just on fire with his writing. Takumi may be a useless bum but Kosawa Ryota makes him entertaining as hell.


3) Hasegawa Hiroki's best acting role since Why Don't You Play in Hell? and Suzuki Sensei. His horrible acting in Mita is forgiven.


4) Anne does a great job with the humour. She's awkwardly lanky like Abe Hiroshi and she uses it to great effect.


5) Even the johnny is perfectly cast. I can't believe I just typed that.


6) The proposal and the ending of the christmas and new year episodes. lol.


7) Kuninaka Ryoko playing a yankee.


8) Kuninaka Ryoko in Santarina outfit.


9) Kuninaka Ryoko in leather outfit.


10) I don't think I can ever forget the words koutou yuumin, lol. (高等遊民). Its become my favourite Japanese word.

4 comments:

Shane said...

Yes! Completely agree with all of the above. Really loving the witty dialogue and humor in this show.
I started watching thanks to your episode 1 review, so thanks!

Cyberwave said...

I can't believe it's the 1st attempt of Kosawa Ryota to write love comedy. You can find the dialogues and jokes so warm and approachable. And the foreshadowing in each episode is used wisely. Date is by far my most favourite this season.

On the other hand, Sakamoto Yuji disappointed me so much this season.
He is too obsessed with the use of referencing jokes & lengthy dialogues these years, which makes the plot pretentious & cumbersome. I just can't find either the comedy or serious part of the story likable.

Sonna~ said...

Thanks for doing the kanji for koutou yuumin, it is such a great word!! I really do love this drama, it IS like Kekkon Dekinai and Welcome to the NHK. At times, it feels like a little "my high school romance SNAFU" has been thrown in. This is such a great drama.

I sort of forgot that Nakajima Yuto was a Johnnys. I had to look up who you were talking about!

4545 said...

Probably too early to say, but this drama could be the closest to matchup with KDO (being in the same genre).