Thursday, March 26, 2015

Asian Kung Fu Generation Tour 2015 Suicup Forever at Zepp Tokyo


I think most Japanophiles know Ajikan. They've been around over 10 years and have created some great songs.

I'm not an Ajikan fan because I find most of their songs very meh. The new song Easter puts me to sleep.

However, they've got 4 songs I really like. Rewrite, Re Re, Solanin and Marching Band and these 4 songs are my reason for wanting to go see them live.

The good news is when the light pierced the darkness and I heard the first riff of Solanin to start the concert, I had goosebumps.

The meh news is that Rewrite had a super long solo/comedy bit in the middle.

The bad news is that they didn't play Re Re and Marching band. Wtf???? Re Re is the greatest example of a song where the live version completely destroys the CD version. I knew there was a chance Re Re wasn't going to appear but Marching Band is not an old song.

At least with Zepp and live houses in general it doesn't really matter where you stand cause most views are decent.

The shirt seem pretty small for XL.

As someone I know would say, I'm devo they left RE RE AND Marching Band out. I could listen to those two songs on repeat whole day. I hated the feeling of dread as time was running out and I realised the two songs won't come out.

I need to look up the set list after this cause there were some songs I didn't know that were not bad including two new songs. (I think)

Probably the best thing was there was miminal talking until the encore unlike Scandal so it felt like they tried to fit as many songs in as they could in 2 hours. Final song was Kimu to iu Hana which was their most audience participatory song.

No comments: